EvilDark Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to hell...

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

8/26/09 update

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
eyeofRUA
Loyal Member
Loyal Member
eyeofRUA

8/26/09 update Empty
PostSubject: 8/26/09 update   8/26/09 update I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 27, 2009 4:34 pm

myth 3 is out. have fun with that.
some new cash shop packages. i dont have gcoins, so i dont care.
they added novice areas? i dont have time to start up lunia at the moment to see them, but do they really need to make lunia any easier? the early history episodes are so dumbed-down, and it's easy to clear stages and level up by spamming A or skills. it's like comboing isn't necessary in stages at all anymore.
Back to top Go down
LegendKnight
Guild Leader
Guild Leader
LegendKnight

8/26/09 update Empty
PostSubject: Re: 8/26/09 update   8/26/09 update I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 27, 2009 10:37 pm

they removed history skips from npc!
and all what the novice sq is, you walk by a small hallway and do 1 little bitty quest that gives hp pots and it takes you to ep1H up the hallway.
Back to top Go down
http://www.residentevil-ro.com
eyeofRUA
Loyal Member
Loyal Member
eyeofRUA

8/26/09 update Empty
PostSubject: Re: 8/26/09 update   8/26/09 update I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 27, 2009 11:18 pm

Most of the new content i've been able to check out have been superficial changes:
-The exp bar is different; shorter and more blocky. Crying or Very sad
-The voices for different attacks is a little different. I've only been on my sieg, so I don't know how much they've changed as far as the characters.
-Items you pick up don't pop up above your head anymore, but the item name might appear.
-The square npc's are animated.
-There's a square map, nice for newbies.
-The chat box has adjustable opacity and looks a wee bit neater.
-Normal chat tab is replaced by a Party tab. Neutral
-Item details are strictly vertical, so the text looks scrunched up on my screen Crying or Very sad
-The stage select screen has optional star markers on "recommended" stages, and there are different options when you click a stage: Venture Alone, Make Party, and Party List. No more public apparently. Neutral also, I have access to some history and legend stages i haven't reached yet, for some reason. scratch
-One good thing is the Key Merchant in raids. The keys aren't that cheap, but this will save you some trouble if you join any raid and forget to bring your own keys. Smile
-The party window is grossly compact. Evil or Very Mad It seems they're trying to encourage the use of the party list with the way they've changed the stage select, but it's more difficult to read the party names now, so I think they made a poor decision.

imo, lunia's getting worse and worse. where do they get these ideas for updates?
Back to top Go down
eyeofRUA
Loyal Member
Loyal Member
eyeofRUA

8/26/09 update Empty
PostSubject: Re: 8/26/09 update   8/26/09 update I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 29, 2009 1:23 am

double posting, but who cares?
i noticed a few other things while playing on my krieg:
-bosses flash red when they are executing certain attacks
-old coins don't seem to exist anymore. instead, you'll get some money added directly to your wallet.
-There are some more stage quest npc's to make leveling even easier.
-the extra characters that were lacking full voice acting have gotten that problem fixed, not that they all sound good. ex. ryan sounds less aggressive, and arien talks... slowly.
-speaking of extra characters, apparently all of their equipment is now visible

oh ya, and they've continued to water down the History stages. ex. 4-10H is nothing but boss battles, including that giant red gorilla from some side stage around the time when ep4 first came out in GLunia. *nostalgia* A few ep5H stages have been slightly shortened.

I also heard that character stats have been tweaked a bit, but I can only take their word for it.
Back to top Go down
LegendKnight
Guild Leader
Guild Leader
LegendKnight

8/26/09 update Empty
PostSubject: Re: 8/26/09 update   8/26/09 update I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 30, 2009 5:07 am

yeah everything is absolutely correct.
what do you mean by Contemplating quitting. on your sig? o.o your quitting but logging on a little every few times? hmm... well im going back on lunia in 2 more days. september 1st. and then ill rb and stage and enjoy. but theres this new game i pretty much like a lot.. ive been playing it while waiting to rb. Luna Online. just take the i off lunia lol. im guessing most lunia players wont like it cause its a point move game, but i dont really mind the controls of playing.. but the rest of the game is awesome. i got a crappy graphics card and have no lag. only a little when i got internet, the game, msn,webcam, teamviewer (uses a lot of memory ram), and i barely lag with all that open.. its a really nice game to me. good quests and stuff Smile
ill probably play it in times im bored with lunia. currently lv 38 Warrior. at lv 40 i can do my 3rd class which will may be Swordsman, anyways, anyone that hopefully reads this, maybe only rua XD can try it out, i have abosutely no idea where pan is.. he hasnt been in msn at all, or in lunia. i wonder where he is...
Back to top Go down
eyeofRUA
Loyal Member
Loyal Member
eyeofRUA

8/26/09 update Empty
PostSubject: Re: 8/26/09 update   8/26/09 update I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 30, 2009 12:25 pm

i haven't actually decided to quit for real, it's just that Lunia's not that fun anymore.
I've been done with History for a while now, but I haven't finished Legend because it gets really annoying in ep5 and 6. I would do those stages with a party, except that all the high level players i meet are ass holes, especially anyone using one of the extra characters. It's the same problem with Bonus and Myth. Heck, i haven't even started Myth because it sounds lame that you can't combo anything in there and you need to have some ridiculous STR to even join.

Another reason Lunia's starting to suck for me is the graphics. In OB, I could play with almost maximum graphic settings, and Lunia is simply a good-looking game that way. But with the switch to tft and then ijji, I started lagging more so i had to use the lowest graphic settings to compensate. As such, Lunia looks crappy and still lags.

Thus, my declining opinion of Lunia: I've been meeting more and more ass holes, and my lag gets worse and worse.

One good thing about this patch is there seems to be less server lag (technically this should have nothing to do with graphics), so I'm playing with better picture quality, and it's working fine so far.

If I find the time to search for new mmo's, I'll look into Luna too. lol, similar name.

Not sure where Pan is either. I saw him in-game yesterday, but he might've been afk fishing or something. btw, what happened to some of the people I met back in EvilDark? like Alice, Tanabe, panda, gilgamesh, fayt?
Back to top Go down
LegendKnight
Guild Leader
Guild Leader
LegendKnight

8/26/09 update Empty
PostSubject: Re: 8/26/09 update   8/26/09 update I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 01, 2009 12:24 pm

Tanabe seemed to quit in yuki patch, i registered on myspace to contact him to see where he was, he said he'll be there soon but never came back.. and ignored some pms i sent him

Gilgamesho quitted, said the same things like you, yeah i miss old days too. i wish i could return to the past but i cant, but i dont feel like quitting either cause its been a long time ive been here, Gilgamesho is playing WoW

Fayt, umm idk, he didnt say nothing, maybe hes addicted on his Xbox Live lolz

Panda is in Solstice afk fishing most of the time i think? on a character i forgot the name

Alice cant play for tremendous lag lunia has now and shes still using her old computer, and lunia didnt lag much like now in graphics. and shes playing dissidia for PSP and i want it x.x

and Pan... idk, he should reply in the forums, im guessing hes having internet problems Sad and maybe went afk fishing that day, idk, anyways TODAY im finally going back and Rebirth.
Back to top Go down
eyeofRUA
Loyal Member
Loyal Member
eyeofRUA

8/26/09 update Empty
PostSubject: Re: 8/26/09 update   8/26/09 update I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 01, 2009 9:06 pm

well, we heard from 2 of those guys today XD
and you rebirthed and leveled past 60 in just a few hours cheers

probably the last thing I'll post about this update:
you can press the S key to talk to quest NPC's without clicking them. sort of odd at first but it saves time when you don't have to move your mouse all over the place to click on them.

Myth Raids: harder versions of the regular raids we're already familiar with. say, did those just come out in this patch? cuz I've never heard of them before. minimum lvl is 70, apparently.
Back to top Go down
LegendKnight
Guild Leader
Guild Leader
LegendKnight

8/26/09 update Empty
PostSubject: Re: 8/26/09 update   8/26/09 update I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 02, 2009 2:31 pm

they came with the patch. i really wanna try them out, they say its hard and you may need res stones just incase. lvling 65 to 70 is still kinda annoying, having to do 4-10L 5-10L or 6-10L over and over :\
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

8/26/09 update Empty
PostSubject: Re: 8/26/09 update   8/26/09 update I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

8/26/09 update
Page 1 of 1